Filed under Ceiling Fans, Flashing Lights, Wiring Configurations
Ceiling Fan Fixture Flashing On and Off
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Why Your Ceiling Fan Lights are Flashing On and Off: When I turn on my ceiling fan the light fixture keeps flashing on and off, as if I am turning a dimmer switch high then low.
Ceiling Fan Lights Flash On and Off
- When I turn on my ceiling fan the light fixture keeps flashing on and off, as if I am turning a dimmer switch high then low.
- I changed the dimmer switch with a lighted single pole switch 15A 120V, but the problem remains the same.
This electrical question came from: Edward, a Homeowner from Fords, New Jersey.
See more about Home Wiring for New Jersey
Dave the Electrician’s Reply:
Thanks for your electrical question Edward.
Why Ceiling Fan Lights are Flashing On and Off
- This problem is most likely due to installing lights that are too high in wattage.
- The only way to fix the issue is to install the right size bulbs as specified by the ceiling fan manual.
- The national efficiency code standards now requires all ceiling fan manufactures to install limiters in new ceiling fans.
- It basically cuts of power when too much wattage is drawn through the fixture.
More about Ceiling Fan Lights
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
wiring a dimmer switch
3 Way Dimmer Switch Wiring Diagram
Fully explained 3 way dimmer switch wiring diagram will take the mystery out of wiring a 3-way dimmer switch.
Learn How to Wire it Right!
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
|« Bathroom Electrical Circuit Troubleshooting||Old Ceiling Fan Light Fixture Wiring »|