Ceiling Fan Direction for Winter Time
How to Change Your Ceiling Fan Rotation for Winter Time: Consider these Factors Before Adjusting the Direction Switch of Your Ceiling Fan, Locating the Ceiling Fan Direction Switch.
Ceiling Fan Adjustment to Help Warm Up Your Home
Ceiling Fan Question: Which direction should a ceiling fan turn in cold weather, clockwise-counterclockwise?
This home electrical question came from: Barbara, a Homeowner from Keizer, Oregon.
See more about Home Wiring for Oregon
Additional Comments: Great, I am just confused about the direction, is not making it a clear answer.
Thanks for your ceiling fan question Barbara, lets see if we can clear up the confusion.
- How to Change Your Ceiling Fan Rotation for Winter Time
- The experts claim that a ceiling fan should push the air straight down, essentially pulling the heat down to the cool areas of the room.
- However – I sincerely feel that it really depends on the characteristics of the room.
- Consider these Factors Before Adjusting the Direction Switch of Your Ceiling Fan
- Are there windows in the room? If not the walls will be warmer and create an upward air flow from the perimeter walls.
- Is there a fireplace or wood stove in the room, and how close is the ceiling fan.
- Is a chair or bed directly below the ceiling fan?
- Do the occupants of the room like the breeze coming down toward them, or do they prefer a more gentle distributed air flow coming from the outer walls of the room.
- Hopefully this will help you decide which way is best for you and you can be your own expert, go with what works for you!
Locating the Ceiling Fan Direction Switch
Ceiling Fan Direction Winter
- How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
- Step-by-step pictures – Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide – Light and fan switch variations.
- Ceiling Fan Wiring diagram #1
- Ceiling Fan Installation #1
- How to Install Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
|« Connecting A Generator To A Home||Electrical Question from Gary about Ceiling Fan Wiring »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Blade Rotation Direction
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.