Causes of Wall Outlets to Lose Power
Why is it that the outlets on one side of the wall have lost power while the other still has power? Why an Outlet Electrical Circuit may Lose Power.
Outlets Lost Power
- This wall stretches from the kitchen to the living room.
Additional Comments: First time on site but, not the last.
Thanks for your electrical repair question Dwayne.
Background: Dwayne, a Student from Queens, New York, USA.
Why Some Wall Outlets May Lose Power
Application: Troubleshooting an Outlet Circuit.
Skill Level: Advanced – Best performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor.
Tools Required: Basic Electricians Pouch Hand Tools, Voltage Tester or Volt Ohm Meter.
Estimated Time: Depends on the type and age of the electrical wiring and the access to the circuits and wiring to be evaluated.
Precaution: This is a project that should be performed by a Licensed Electrical Contractor and typically requires specific tests of the electrical circuits.
Notice: Repairs to Home Electrical Wiring should be done according to local and national electrical codes and installing new or replacement electrical parts or equipment may require a permit and inspections.
Why an Electric Outlet Circuit has Lost Power
- The reason why part of the outlet circuit works while another part loses power is mainly due to a problem where the circuit wiring has experienced a separation with the circuit wiring.
- The cause may be found at the last outlet where the power was normal.
- The problem may be with a burnt connection of the wiring to the outlet, or a splice that has burnt apart.
- The circuit must be identified and turned off before any service is performed.
- Problems with outlet circuit wiring such as this is best identified and repaired by a qualified electrical contractor.
The Following will assist you with Electric Outlets
Wiring Electrical Outlets for the Home
Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Lost Power
Lost Circuit Power
- Lost Power
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
This link is helpful as a Student
Electrical Code Articles