Causes of Wall Outlets to Lose Power
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Here are the Causes of why an Outlet Electrical Circuit may Lose Power – The reason why part of the outlet circuit works while another part loses power is mainly due to a problem where the circuit wiring has experienced a separation with the circuit wiring.
Why Some Wall Outlets May Lose Power
- This wall stretches from the kitchen to the living room.
Additional Comments: First time on site but, not the last.
Thanks for your electrical repair question Dwayne.
Background: Dwayne, a Student from Queens, NY-USA
Here are the Causes of why an Outlet Electrical Circuit may Lose Power
- The reason why part of the outlet circuit works while another part loses power is mainly due to a problem where the circuit wiring has experienced a separation with the circuit wiring.
- The cause may be found at the last outlet where the power was normal.
- The problem may be with a burnt connection of the wring to the outlet, or a splice that has burnt apart.
- The circuit must be identified and turned off before any service is performed.
- Problems with outlet circuit wiring such as this is best identified and repaired by a qualified electrical contractor.
The Following will assist you with electrical outlets:
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring
- Electrical Outlets
- Troubleshooting Electrical Wiring
Types of Electrical Testers
Using Electrical Testers
- Electrical Outlet
- Wiring Electrical Outlet for the Home
- Home electrical wiring includes 110 volt outlets and 220 volt outlets and receptacles which are common place in every home. See how wiring electrical outlets for the home are done.
- Kitchen Electrical Wiring Requirements
- This wiring diagram and pictures explain the basic kitchen electrical code wiring requirements required for most new or remodel projects.
For more information about Lost Power
Lost Circuit Power
- Lost Power
- Licensed Electrician Reveals the Secrets of Successful Electrical Troubleshooting Methods used to solve the majority of the home electrical problems and wiring failures encountered.
This link is helpful as a Student
Electrical Code Articles