Cause of Burnt Out Light Bulbs and Hot Cooking Oven
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Why light bulbs may be burning out too soon an cooking appliances are too hot.
Possible Home Electrical Utility Power Problem
This electrical question came from: Michell, a Homeowner from Sheridan, Wyoming
See more about Home Wiring for Wyoming
Thanks for your electrical question Michell
Light Bulbs in Cooking Appliances
Home Electrical Service Panel
Michell, from the items you have mentioned I do not suspect there is a wiring problem with your new home, I do think that there may be a problem with the power from your electrical utility company and I would have the voltage tested. There is a good possibility that the voltage from the electrical utility company is a little high.
Home Electrical Voltage Problems
- When several of your electrical devices do not seem to be operating correctly start by having the main electrical panel tested to make sure the voltage is correct.
- This may be done by calling your electrical utility company or a qualified licensed electrical contractor.
- If you have an electrical tester it would help to read the voltage levels in the area where the problems exist, such as checking the voltage at a receptacle or wall outlet.
- If the voltage level is above 125 volts then be sure to mention this to the electric utility company.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Wiring