Adding Recessed Light Fixtures
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
Installing Wiring for Additional Recessed Light Fixtures
Wiring for Additional Recessed Light Fixtures
- There is only one set of wires in the existing box.
- What is the proper way to wire the other two?
- Can I connect my black and white wire from the existing box to the other two recessed lights?
- I am an auto mechanic and this is what I’d do in a 12volt circuit.
What do you think?
This home electrical question came from: Ricardo, a Handyman from Pasadena, California.
See more about Home Wiring for California
Thanks for your home electrical question Ricardo.
Wring for additional Recessed Lights
- Additional recessed lights can be wired by extending the wiring from the existing recessed light fixture using the same type and gauge electrical wire, and installing recessed light fixtures that are approved for the ceiling, the insulation type and proximity, and according to the local electrical codes, and by permit and inspection by your local building jurisdiction or agency.
The Following will assist you with your Recessed Lights:
Electrical Wire for the Home
- Complete listing of electrical wire types and parts used for home projects with electrical code information serves as selection guidelines.
Electrical Junction Boxes for Home Wiring
- Understanding electrical junction boxes and what they are used for. Home electrical wiring is the process of installing electrical wire to a location that will serve electrical devices or an appliance. One very important component is the box where the wire will be installed. The type and size of the home wiring electrical boxes will depend upon the circuit size, application and its location.
How To Install Recessed Lighting
- Installing recessed lighting for your home electrical improvements. Discover how recessed lighting can enhance the mood of any room in your home.