Adding Electrical Wiring for a Closet Light
How to Installing Electrical Wiring for a Closet Light Fixture – Wiring can be extended through a light switch to a light fixture as long as it is done according to code.
Adding Electrical Wiring to the Home
Can I extend my service(circuit) through a switch?
- I have an unfinished closet next to the space under my stairs and would like to put a switch and light for that space.
- The existing switch in the unfinished closet is a “through switch” wiring with the light at the end of the circuit.
This electrical question came from: Ryan, a Homeowner from Salt Lake City, Utah
See more about Home Wiring for Utah
Additional Comments: This is an awesome site! Thanks for your help in advance.
Thanks for your electrical question Ryan
How to Installing Electrical Wiring for a Closet Light Fixture
- Ryan, the wiring can be extended through a light switch to a light fixture as long as it is done according to code.
- There are specific codes for closet lighting and circuits wiring that would apply to a project such as this.
The Following will assist you with your electrical wiring project:
Home Electrical Wiring Codes
Electrical Code Articles for Home Wiring
- Electrical Code Directory covering AFCI circuit, electrical-boxes, electrical-circuit, electrical-code-outlets, electrical GFCI, electrical-grounding, electrical-project, electrical-services, electrical-underground, electrical-wiring, electrical-wiring-code, lighting-code, and smoke-detectors.
Wiring a Light Switch – Diagram 1
- Wiring Diagrams
Fully Explained Light Switch Wiring Diagrams. Detailed Electrical Wiring Diagrams and Pictures assist your Home Electrical Projects.
You identified your project to be about Circuit Wiring,
so you might find this information useful:
Electrical Circuit Wiring
- This article looks at common 120 volt and 240 volt house wiring circuits and the circuit breakers that are installed identifying the types and amperage sizes used in most homes.
|« Adding a Gas Heater to a Hot Tub||Understanding Home Electrical Panel Schedules »|
Browse other questions in the following categories:
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all Electric Wiring Projects.