Adding a Remote Control Module to a Ceiling Fan
By Dave Rongey - Summary:|
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan – A remote control module may be installed for a ceiling fan that has three way switches. Easy wiring diagrams and installation guide.
If this is your first visit, be sure to sign up for your Free Electrical Tips and eBook.
Your Comments and Electrical Questions are always welcome.
Understanding Remote Control Modules for Ceiling Fans
How to Wire a Remote Control for a Ceiling Fan
- Yes, a remote control module may be installed for a ceiling fan that has three way switches.
- It should be understood that the switches must be in the position where they are providing power to the ceiling fan so that the remote control modules have power in order for them to function.
- Another way to describe this is that the wall switches over ride the functions of the remote control modules.
- The same is true for the pull chain switches on the ceiling fan, which must be in the FULL ON position otherwise the remote control will not function properly.
How to Wire Ceiling Fans
- Take the mystery out of ceiling fan wiring.
- Ceiling Fans are a great way to lower your energy bill and brighten up one of your favorite rooms.
How to Install Ceiling Fans and Wiring
Learn How to Wire it Right with my
Complete Guide to Home Electrical Wiring
Perfect for Homeowners, Students,
Handyman, Handywomen, and Electricians
Wiring GFCI Outlets
Wiring Home Electrical Circuits
120 Volt and 240 Volt Outlet Circuits
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Electric Range
Wiring 3-Wire and 4-Wire Dryer Cord and Dryer Outlet
Troubleshooting and Repair Electrical Wiring
Wiring Methods for Upgrading Electrical Wiring
Electrical Codes for Home Electrical Wiring
....and much more.
» Click here to learn more about Home Electrical Wiring «
Be Careful and Be Safe - Never Work on Energized Circuits!
Consult your Local Building Department about Permits and Inspections for all projects.
Do You Have an Electrical Wiring Question?